Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have black hair/dark dark brown hair. Should I get highlights? What color?

Sure! You should get highlights! I have dark brown hair and I think my highlights helped refresh my whole look.


Try to look at some pictures to see which one you like.


You can try slightly red highlights or a light brown. What ever works for you =]I have black hair/dark dark brown hair. Should I get highlights? What color?
get a level 6 golden brown highlight...tell a stylist and they will know what you want....dont use bleach...it will be orange and will look fake...red would look good to but is very expensive to maintain becasue red fade really fastI have black hair/dark dark brown hair. Should I get highlights? What color?
Yes but make sure they are only 1 or 2 shades lighter than your natural haircolor for a more natural look. Very dark hair can really get fried by the time it lightens to a blonde color.
My natural hair color is dark brown (chestnut) also, and highlightes in golden brown look very natural (1-2 shades lighter than my nature color with golden base).





Also,try to avoid ash based colors as it makes your hair look dull, red based highlightes do not last for long (turn orange after a week or 2).
DO NOT COLOR YOUR HAIR!! PEOPLE PAY TONS OF MONEY TO HAVE YOUR COLOR! YOU WILL THANK ME WHEN YOU ARE IN YOUR 30'S IF YOU DO NOT COLOR OUR HAIR! I have never colored my hair and I get so many compliments because it is so healthy. I am 33. Trust me all my friends wish they would of never colored their hair.
I recently had my hair highlighted in an rich reddish brown and mousy blonde and it looks great with the dark brown. My hair dresser told me that it really depends on your skin type and if you want it to look natural or not.


The way that she did my hair it has a nice blend to it and it doesn't make me look to washed-out or overly fake. So my suggestion would be to stick to rich reds and blondes if you are light/fair skined and if you want to be brassy and bold go with a more brilliant red and richer gold highlights.
if your hair is real dark get honey highlights and golden dark brown low lights to set it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment